Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Marathon Driving 26 Jan 2011

Wow, I just finished up a marathon day of driving. Should be interesting to see if the evil logbook guru's try to hang me on this one but it will be fun to prove them wrong lmao.

What it boils down to is that I show driving 611 miles in 10 hours.... in a truck that can only do 62 max. Now the biggest thing here is that its probably more along the lines of 10 hours and 15 minutes or so. But the way they allow us to round up or down the 15 minute intervals gives me a small advantage and I used it. That and I only took two 15 minute breaks in that whole span. I am the type of person I can drive for quite a ways before needing a break to stretch etc. But it will be fun to see how many times they try and successfully, mind you, to match my log with the timestamps that my Qualcomm(our satellite computer tracking system) will show. I'm sure there will be quite a bit of grumbling as they really can't do much hehehehe.

On another note, I have to say it was beautiful country I drove through from Missouri to Ohio on Interstate 70 today. The ground was snow covered and it looked....peaceful which was nice.

It gave me plenty of time to think of the things I am thankful for. Such as loving kids that understood why I had to go back to driving a truck vs. being driven nuts by the local politicians as the Chief of Police of my hometown. I am also very thankful for the new friends I have made here recently. And I'm especially thankful for that special lady letting me spend some quality time in her life.

Well I better get some sleep here so I can continue my journey to Pennsylvania tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment