Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Pushy People 6 Feb 2011

Now I know everyone has a different version or definition of what is considered a 'pushy person'.

Here is the definition of pushy from the merriam-webster dictionary online:
Definition of PUSHY
: aggressive often to an objectionable degree : forward
— push·i·ly \ˈpu̇-shə-lē\ adverb
— push·i·ness \ˈpu̇-shē-nəs\ noun

A few Synonyms: ambitious, assertive, enterprising, fierce, go-getting, high-pressure, in-your-face, militant, aggressive, self-asserting, self-assertive

Ok, now that we have a working definition of pushy lets talk about pushy people.

Now we all encounter pushy people in our lives at various times. Most salesmen are pushy in order to sell you a product. The part I don't consider pushy people is when you get a pushy person in your personal life.

On this I do have a huge problem with pushy people. I myself take a very no-nonsense attitude towards them and let them know right from the start that what they are trying to do isn't welcome. But that is my personality and only mine. One thing I have noticed in my life journey's is that pushy people, or even aggressive people tend to run roughshod over the more kinder, gentler ones out there.

What I mean by this is that you have those kind gentle people that don't want to upset anyone so they won't make a stand per say. A pushy person will knowingly, or unknowingly push their thoughts, ideals etc onto that person without taking how they feel about it into consideration.

Yes, before you ask I did put in there the ones that unknowingly push. There are some people that don't realize that they do this, but they do. The fun is trying to educate them in the fact.

Ok, now for the next argument as far as this 'lifestyle' that a lot of us live is concerned. Yes I do realize people try new and interesting things. Some they like, some they don't. There have been things I enjoyed a few I haven't.

The part that concerns me is when a pushy person will push their ideas or thoughts on someone that is of the kind gentle variety, even after they have voiced concerns about it or said no. The pushy person will just continue to run over them oblivious to the other person.

A pushy person is looking out for themselves, and nobody else. They do not take into consideration the other person in any way shape or form. I think this is the thing that drives me nuts more than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment