Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Interesting Times....

After listening to the news today, I decided to go and look at my state's 2012 proposed budget. Seeing what is happening across the country has really got me thinking and wanting to involve myself more in what happens with the state I call home.

I went and pulled up the proposed budget and our new Governor has a budget cutting most agencies 3% across the board. Doing this, and some other items to streamline the government (that I will have to see to believe ) their budget will pull us from a 400 million dollar deficit from last year to a 100 million dollar surplus.

From what I could tell, the proposed changes made sense to me. As I read through and skimmed part of the 252 page document, I did realize that it was not as hard to follow as I thought it would be.

So I guess my advice to my fellows out there, if you really want to know what's going on, get the information and look it up, research it, then make an informed decision on if you agree the direction your state leadership is going or not.

The reason I am looking hard at the state side is that we, as people have more direct control over the state government vs. the bloated federal government that from what I can tell, no one but the bureaucrats have control over. Once the states have their houses in order, then they can tackle the federal side lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment