Sunday, February 27, 2011

Unkown Triggers

Today I was sitting in the drivers lounge here at our Columbus Ohio Terminal watching a movie I have seen quite a few times. They had Saving Private Ryan on. I was waiting for my food that I had ordered and was paying attention to the movie.

The movie got to the scene where the group goes to take out a German machine gun. Like I said I've seen this movie multiple times so no problems.

Well it gets to the U.S. soldier who is fatally wounded. The group is frantically working on him but his wounds are too severe. At this point, I had some very strong emotions come over me and I had to get up and walk out of the lounge. I was almost shaking and I felt unnerved.

Like I said, I have seen this movie quite a few times, even after returning from Iraq and it never affected me like that before. The only thing I could figure right off the bat is the fact that my boys will be going to Afghanistan soon and I know that has me wound up some. I know they are going into a situation I feel that is more dangerous than the one I was in in 06-07, and it wasn't a cakewalk.

I know this is something that I will have to face and deal with for the next 18 months or so, and I'm not looking forward to it. So I guess I better watch what movies I can see, and if I have to get up and just walk out, even if I paid for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment