Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Purging the 'Friends list'

Today, I decided to do a purge on my Facebook 'friends list'.   I was rather surprised at the amount of people that were listed on my list that I know I haven't spoken to in quite a while. I started with over 380 people on my list and in a matter of an hour took that number down to 290.  There are probably a few more that I will cut after giving it some more thought but those were the ones that I have rarely if almost never spoken to.

I do hold the belief that people come into your life at certain moments to help you deal with things.  There are some friendships that will last a lifetime.  Others will only last a few weeks or months, but I can bet that there was something that you needed, or learned from that friend before you both went your separate ways.  I have always cherished the friendships I have made in life, but I do realize that there are times when you do have to move on with things.  It's all a part of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment