Sunday, April 7, 2013

A long week

I swear my whole week felt like one unending, long Monday.......

I needed to take some time off when my dad passed away so that the family, could get a few things done, etc.  I'll admit it was nice to be home for more than a day or two, but the bank account can only handle that for so long.

On another note, the shop FINALLY got a few major issues fixed on my truck.  I've had a major coolant leak that no one could figure out.  It turns out what was suspected all along, the EGR cooler on that wonderful ISX engine I have, and here I thought Cummins fixed that defect a few years ago.

The cooler was causing a few other issues, plus they took care of another major issue on the fuel rail.  Its really nice to be able to drive and not have the engine check light on constantly.  Between being home and the breakdown that drained all of my available funds down to near nothing, so I gotta get back to work.

As far as the whole week feeling like a Monday, I had 2 out of my 4 loads this week turn into live load or live unloads that went well beyond the gratuitous 2 hour limit we give them.  They have no idea how bad this screwed up my schedule, not to mention that one of those loads went up into the New England states where I hate to run.  I'm now sitting here in wonderful Osseo Wisconsin to end my week. I did drive over 3500 miles (I got paid 3261 loaded and empty), surprisingly with all the issues I had on the east coast, but boy did it wear me out.

Here is to hoping that the next week goes better, and I can guarantee this truck will not grace the New England states with its presence for quite some time, no offense guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment