Monday, August 20, 2012

Computer crashes and other ponderings

Ah, the one screen no one wants to walk in and see on their computer. Its bad enough to open your laptop and get the screen showing that your 'system' didn't boot down or reboot right, and asks if you want to continue. I'll admit, there are times I'm not sure if I want it to continue normally lol.

How often do you update or clean your system out?  Have you ever?  It 'seems' that the newest operating system seems to be pretty stable.  I can remember with windows 95, heck, windows XP, that you had to go in and defrag that drive at least once a week, and clean up the files.  Every time I check this Windows 7 version, it tells me my defrag rate is too low to run a sweep, so I guess that's a good thing right?  Old habits die hard though, as I wonder why my system still seems to run slow.

In other news, I went and pulled myself off of the dedicated account I was running on.  This month I saw a drastic reduction in the amount of loads that I was pulling on the account compared to the last 3 months averaged out.  It makes a guy wonder when you average 6 loads per month, and in the last 20 days have only pulled 2.  So I put myself back on the OTR fleet where I have a few more options on how I run.  I hope I made the right decision there...whistles

So in closing, when is the last time you have seen 'the blue screen of death'?

No comments:

Post a Comment