Sunday, January 9, 2011

Staying Busy and Open Communication

I am sitting here at a Walmart Distribution Center near Phoenix AZ. I was asked by one of our dedicated planners that work here if I wanted to make a few runs for them. I talked to my driver manager and she confirmed freight was very slow in the area so I jumped on the chance. Its a way to stay busy and make money instead of sitting.

Now you may ask how does communication come into play? Well without good open communication the planner would not have mentioned it to me and I'd be stuck somewhere right now.

This also brings to mind some very good conversations I've had with a few friends. Without that good open honest communication where does that leave us? It almost always leaving us getting hurt sooner or later in one way shape or form. That communication can help keep that massive pain from happening. Now I won't say you won't get hurt by being open and honest, but from what I have seen the pain is a lot less vs finding out in other ways and forms.

I guess the purpose of this is that I am very happy to have been able to find people that also believe in this type of communication. I can honestly say this is the happiest I have felt in a very long time. I really love these conversations with everyone and hope they continue and develop into more..

No comments:

Post a Comment