Thursday, February 21, 2013

Rewards for stepping out of the comfort zone

Good evening everyone!  I can definitely say that this program that I am in will give me the chance to really add to that nice revenue stream.

Since I signed up on the program, I have been unable to get to a spot where I could start getting loads off of the board.  I will give the brokers many kudos to the fact that they did not want to give me any freight that would have ended up being cheaper than hauling the company freight.  That in itself tells me the level of professionalism that these guys have and my hat is off to them.

Right now the load I am on will net me .20 cents more per actual mile than if I had gone through the company with this load.  The way I figure if I can only average say 1 1/2 loads like this per week.  Yes I know its a fraction but it is an average too lol.  This will add 'on average' about 360 per week to the revenue stream.  Doesn't sound like much?  Multiply that by 45 weeks (gotta have some vacation etc lol) and that gives me 16,200 in extra revenue for the year.

I don't know about you but that sounds like a really really good deal to me.  I make more money turning the same amount of miles, burning the same fuel with the other costs the same.  It adds that 16,200 to my bottom line profit.

The great thing about that is that the numbers I am throwing around right now are possibly on the low conservative side.  It could potentially be much higher than that.

Am I excited about this program?  You bet I am!!!  Having the ability, and the responsibility to be able to earn more revenue for my business is very exciting!!

Here is to what I hope will be a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment