Friday, March 25, 2011

Really?

Ok a person has to love large corporations at times.

Yesterday when I went back to work, they gave me a load that was going to be late. My driver manager and I made sure they knew if I took the load it would get there safely, and as quickly as possible but would not be there by the appt time. They were ok with it and I went to go get it.

Now 2 hours after I laid down, I get a phone call from one of the night guys that they are gonna have another truck pick the load up from me, and he shows up 2 hours later... so much for a good nights sleep.

I finally talk to my driver manager this morning and I'm informed the load didn't make it very far before THAT driver shut down for 10 hours. So much for it making to the customer on time, or even when I said when I would have it there.

The nice thing is that they gave me a load with twice the mileage to pick up for the weekend so I got the better end of the deal.

Gotta love corporation 'efficiency' lmao

On another positive note, I was able to spend some good quality time with my son right before he goes back to training to go overseas.

No comments:

Post a Comment