Saturday, April 24, 2010

Surprises at Work

Hello everyone this blog is going to be a very unusual one to say the least so I hope you can bear with me.

I am the Interim Chief for the city of Waynoka now.

Now to suffice I will say how this happened exactly is not important nor will I give any details to speak of. The biggest portion being once I was called into the council chamber during executive session, I was in there for over 30 minutes before agreeing to take it.

Now I will admit this was something I had considered I would want a few more years down the road where I feel I would have a good amount of experience. Right now I only have 2 years in law enforcement. I am the type of person that once I am given a position of responsibility, I go into it using all of my abilities to do the job as efficiently as possible. Bluntly put, I'm not one to do a job half-assed lol. It has taken a few days for my mind to fully wrap itself around doing this new job but I'm slowly starting to work into it now.

I do hope my abilities and accomplishments with this will allow me to retain the position full time down the road. But I can say all I can do is take things one day at a time and see how it goes.

On another note I have a few weeks of classwork left and should graduate May 14th at Redlands Community College. I am looking forward to finishing my associates degree but now depending on how my job goes and all, I think it will delay me starting my bachelors program for a little while here. Also depending on how the job goes will determine whether or not I will re-enlist one last time with the Guard. I would have 14 years in but I know I would feel extremely uncomfortable leaving on long training assignments or possible deployment so that would have a major factor in my decision there.

No comments:

Post a Comment